2018 -2019 All State Junior and Senior Percussion Requirements
2018-2019 All State Junior and Senior Percussion Requirements
· Percussionists will be required to perform on snare drum, keyboard percussion, timpani, bass drum, crash cymbals, and tambourine.
· Sight reading on snare drum, keyboard percussion and timpani will be required.
· Scores of all the instruments will be averaged together.
· Percussion instruments provided at the audition are a (minimum) four-octave marimba, xylophone, four timpani, snare drum, tambourine, crash cymbals, and a concert bass drum. A bass drum mallet (or mallets) will be provided.
· Students may elect to bring their own snare drum, tambourine, crash cymbals and/or bass drum mallets.
· All percussionists are expected to provide their own snare drum sticks, keyboard mallets, timpani mallets, and a pitch source (tuning fork, pitch pipe) for tuning the timpani.
· Although there is more than one acceptable technique than can be used for their performance, students sometimes use improper techniques, which result in a less than optimal musical effect. The adjudicators have the right to lower scores for the use of improper techniques.
· Students are to follow the provided audition requirements and play the musical examples exactly as printed on the page. Any deviation from the printed music will result in lower scores.