When you join the National Association for Music Education, you automatically become a member of Maryland Music Educators Association. From local activities to national issues, NAfME and MMEA offer the combination of services and benefits you need as a music educator
- Advocacy -NAfME and MMEA work for you and to advocate for your profession by informing state and national legislators of the importance of an education that includes music and by working in collaboration with MSDE and state advocacy organizations such as Arts Education in Maryland Schools Alliance (AEMS) and Maryland Citizens for the Arts (MCA).
- Quality music education – NAfME and MMEA work to provide quality music education for Maryland students through the development of National Standards and State Music Curriculum.
- Professional Development – Each year, MMEA sponsors a one-day Fall In-Service and three-day Annual Conference in late winter which highlight national and local presenters. Members may also attend the Eastern Division Conference held bi-annually along the East coast. Music Education Week in Washington, sponsored by NAfME, provides intensive workshops for music educators in the summer. Registration is discounted for MMEA/NAfME members.
- Resources – Members receive journals published by MMEA and NAfME which provide articles on teaching approaches and philosophies, current issues, classroom techniques, and products and services. Additionally, NAfME members receive a 20% discount on NAfME resources.
- Student Opportunities – MMEA sponsors 8 All State groups featuring the finest musicians in Maryland and the opportunity to work with nationally-known conductors.
- Collegiate and Tri-M Activities – Student members have access to all professional resources and conferences at a reduced rate. Sessions especially geared for students and opportunities for networking take place at MMEA conferences.
- Retired Members – Retired teachers can receive all member benefits of NAfME/MMEA at discounted rates
Become a member today!
Active Membership Dues $126.00
Retired Dues $59.00
Collegiate Dues $39.00
To join NAfME/MMEA via the internet go to http://www.nafme.org/join/. To join by phone or to receive a membership application in the mail, please call NAfME Member Services at 1-800-828-0229.
Already a member? Update your contact information with NAfME at www.nafme.org. Also, register your correct e-mail address today with MMEA at firstname.lastname@example.org (list your NAfME membership number)
Questions? Tour our website or call the MMEA Office