In anticipation of the winter storm clearing by Thursday morning, please allow plenty of time and travel safely. All State Jazz rehearsals and performances will continue as planned from 2/21 - 2/23. The All State Jazz concert is Saturday, February 23, 3:30 p.m. at the University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC), Performing Arts & Humanities Building, 1000 Hilltop Cir, Baltimore, MD 21250. All senior jazz band musicians will report to the Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway Hotel between 4:00pm and 5:00pm on Thursday, February 21 for registration and then proceed to the first rehearsal!
As the All State Jazz Concert and All State Junior Chorus Concert and Junior Orchestra Concert approaches please review event updates for the February weekend in Baltimore at UMBC Performing Arts & Humanities Building (Earl and Darielle Linehan Concert Hall) on the campus of UMBC and for the March weekend in Perry Hall, Maryland at Perry Hall High School. All State Music weekend updates will be posted using this event blog. The music packet and information for All State Jazz and All State Music in March has arrived to the school teacher/director approximately three weeks in advance.
· Ticket Check-in: To enhance our efforts with sustainability and “going digital” all additional tickets purchased (online or via mail) can be claimed via the onsite check-in process on the day of the concert at the venue. To check-in, provide the name of the ticket purchaser at the welcome area inside the venue. Tickets will be available at the door for $15.00, unless sold out. One ticket per performance.
· Plan Ahead: Doors open 30 minutes prior to each performance. It is ideal to have the full party check-in together. Each concert is approximately 60 minutes. Please plan ahead for your travel route. Also plan ahead and allow plenty of time for traffic, weather, 15-20 minutes for navigating the campus, and finding parking.
· Online Ticket Sales: Online ticket sales for each performance will end 2 calendar days prior to the performance date at 11:59 p.m. (e.g. for a Saturday performance, ticket sales end Thursday at 11:59 p.m. For a Sunday performance ticket sales end Friday at 11:59 p.m.)
· Items: Shirts, DVD/CD: Additional shirts may be available onsite or available for ordering at increased prices after the event. This is not guaranteed. Order a DVD/CD online to capture the memory! There is no photography or video of any kind allowed in the performance space. Video recording violates copyright laws.
· Exciting, Rewarding, and Rigorous: As a reminder, student schedules include meals, 8 hours sleep, and 3-8 hours of rehearsals daily, dress rehearsals, as well as group transportation to/from the rehearsals supervised by chaperones who are local teachers. Review again in detail the following information to prepare for this exciting, rewarding, and rigorous experience: Participating in 2019 All State, All State Schedule and Rehearsals, Student Rules, Parent/Guardian Rules.
· Family, Friends, Teachers, Supporters, Partners, and Exhibitors: The MMEA Executive Board appreciates you for lifting up the next generation of student leaders and making music education a priority. MMEA is 501 (c)(3) nonprofit professional association for the school music teachers of Maryland. MMEA provides professional development for music teachers, opportunities for over 26,000 to engage in state-wide music activities and events involving students, teachers, and volunteers, plus serves as an advocate for music education in Maryland schools. Join MMEA or give to MMEA and support music education in Maryland today!
Please note: Refunds and transfers are unavailable. The MMEA Office will be closed and unavailable during the week of in preparation for and just after each of the All State Music weekends. Thus, email@example.com or phone calls will not be monitored during this time frame.
Thank you for attending! We are listening and gathering feedback as we continue to grow and move in new directions.
Students who participated in early February will receive certificates within 60-90 days mailed to the music teacher/director.
Unfortunately, the February 1-3, 2019 All State programs were printed without student names due to a series of unfortunate printer timeline issues, staff illness, and vendor issues. The MMEA Office apologizes for the omission. The sustainable solution is a posting to the MMEA website by the end of February highlighting and acknowleding the students, school, and county. Ideally, it will be formatted such that all interested can access and print the information.
Onsite or post-event ordering of shirts is unavailable. If extras are available, MMEA will send an email and condict sales while supplies last, on the website. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the order confirmation of the shirt order was incorrect or missing. We will research it, resolve it, and mail it.
Join us for a day of music to support students who are the best of the best throughout Maryland! Featuring All State Senior Band, Senior Orchestra, Senior Mixed Chorus, and Senior Treble Chorus. Admission is $15.00 at the door. One admission per performance.