Young Composers Project Required Materials for Submission
Thank you for your interest! All questions should be be directed to Dr. Richard A. Disharoon, YCP chair, at email@example.com.
All submissions must be received by May 1, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Submissions with names, without a title, without all measures numbered, or without recordings will not be accepted.
Required Materials for Submission: Five materials must be submitted. Review the YPC Guidelines Packet.
1. Scores: Scores (works for solo instruments, chorus, band, orchestra, chamber ensembles, electronic realizations, multi-media) with a title on the first page. IMPORTANT: a) Student name must not appear on the title page or additional pages. b) All measures must be numbered.
2. Digital Recording: A digital recording (live performance or electronic realization/MIDI) of the work submitted as an MP3 file with correct file name. IMPORTANT: Student name must not appear on the file name. b) The file name should only be the work’s title.
3. Student Narrative Reflection: A one (1) to two (2) page student(s) narrative reflecting on the process of creating the work (e.g. ‘How was the work submitted ‘Imagined’, ‘Planned’, ‘Made’, ‘Evaluated’ and ‘Refined’? IMPORTANT: a) The narrative must be organized by each area. b) No names should appear on any page.
4. Teacher Generated Narrative Reflection: A one (1) page teacher generated narrative identifying and reflecting on the instructional strategies implemented to enable student(s) to create the work, i.e. What instruction was provided to help student(s) ‘Imagine’, ‘Plan’, ‘Make’,’ Evaluate’, and Refine’ the work submitted? IMPORTANT: a) The narrative must be organized by each area. b) No names should appear on any page.
5. Signature Page: A scan or photo of a completed signature page uploaded to the application.
Multi-Media Work: includes any and all combinations of visual, auditory or physical movement (Example, film scores, ballet, scenes, etc.). Please submit a MP4 of the entire project.
All creative rights, including copyrighting, remains with the creator(s). Applicants will receive their comments and evaluations before June 15, 2019.